New resources for recording or streaming classroom lectures
Earlier this week, Provost Sotiropoulos provided information to support your return to the classroom for the spring 2022 semester.
Since Monday, the VCU Academic Technologies and VCU Online teams worked diligently to develop additional resources providing how-to videos, step-by-step instructions, FAQs, etc. that will help you be nimble in providing your course content in person and remotely as necessary.
- Using the podium computer and audio/video equipment in centrally-supported classrooms
- Using your laptop to record your lecture while in a centrally-supported classroom space
- Scheduling and recording Zoom meetings
- Using Kaltura’s captioning
- Using Canvas’ Speed Grader, Rubrics, Syllabus, Assignment & Groups
Additional classroom videos are still being created and will be added when completed. I also encourage you to review the resources available through the “Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence” tile on the One-Stop.
Thanks very much for your continued excellence in teaching during these unprecedented times.
Jill Gordon, Ph.D.
Interim senior vice provost for faculty affairs