This webpage serves as a quick guide to important activities, dates, initiatives, and contacts that will help you navigate this semester at VCU. For information related to the university’s response to COVID-19, visit One VCU: Responsible Together.
- Temporary academic regulation: Student absence due to COVID-19
- Student issues with Blackboard/Canvas and Zoom
- A permanent pass/fail grade option policy begins in fall 2020
- The university will be closed and no classes will be held on Election Day (Nov. 3).
- Read the Provost's Update newsletter to faculty, sent Aug. 11
- START STRONG: Faculty Guidelines for Creating a Safe Learning Environment
- Recommended Sample Syllabus Statements for Fall 2020
- Keep on Teaching - Fall 2020
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Information on Progress Reports and Midterm Grades
- Keep on Learning website
- Keep on Being Well website
- What to Expect on VCU's Campus - Fall 2020 video
- COVID-19 Safety at VCU video
Provide timely feedback for undergraduate students in September and October
Our students have varying needs. While some students may thrive in a hybrid or online course, others may find those modalities more challenging. To provide ample opportunities for students to improve their grades or, if needed, take advantage of the pass/fail grading option, timely feedback is essential.
VCU provides two methods to help faculty set and reinforce high academic expectations in their undergraduate classes by providing timely feedback to students regarding their academic performance: progress reports and midterm grades.
- Progress reports are due between Sept.1 and Sept. 21
- Midterm grades are due between Sept. 22 and Oct. 23
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Add the VCU Academic Calendar to your Google calendar for easy reference.
- Read the daily VCU TelegRam, delivered to your VCU email account, for general university announcements and opportunities.
- Read the OneVCU: Responsible Together announcements, delivered to your VCU email account each Friday, for a weekly summary of information related to the university’s response to COVID-19 and our return to campus.