Office of the Provost Faculty Fellows Program
The Office of the Provost invites faculty to apply to serve in a part-time, administrative role in academic and faculty affairs. Selected Faculty Fellows will work directly with the Provost and other senior leaders in developing and implementing key programmatic initiatives to support VCU’s faculty and staff.
Opportunities are available to lead and/or coordinate programmatic initiatives in the Office of the Provost. In addition, the Faculty Fellows Program will provide selected faculty with opportunities to:
- Engage and work with faculty and staff in varying disciplines, including cross-campus collaborations
- Gain valuable knowledge and experience in higher education administration
- Develop expertise in the practices and procedures related to the academic life cycle of our faculty and staff
- Develop administrative skills in leading and/or coordinating programmatic initiatives
- Develop expertise in a content area(s) of academic and faculty affairs
- Contribute to the decision-making in support of faculty program offerings and initiatives
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2022.
How to apply
Learn more about the application requirements and apply below:
The following fellowships are available:
Faculty Fellows for Academic/Faculty Affairs and Administration (2-3 fellowships available)
The Faculty Fellow for Academic and Faculty Affairs will be an integral part of the team working on projects and initiatives, including online programs and initiatives, general education, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, faculty policies and procedures, faculty recruitment programs, faculty writing and mentoring initiatives and more.
How long is the Fellowship?
Selected faculty will be expected to serve for a one year period (or six-month period), as applicable to the assignment(s), with the possibility of renewal. The Fellowship can begin in summer 2022 or fall 2022.
How many hours are expected per week?
The faculty member will be expected to contribute approximately 20 hours per week in their Fellowship role. Faculty Fellows will also be expected to follow safety guidelines as provided on the university's One VCU website.
What is the Fellowship compensation?
The Office of the Provost will provide a monetary supplement directly to the Faculty Fellow’s academic home department with an additional $5,000 for the Faculty Fellow’s use, such as for professional development, travel, research funds, etc.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest highlighting any administrative experience and research interests as well as any other qualifications that may be relevant for the Fellowship;
- A current curriculum vita, and;
- The names of two references, one of which must be the applicant's department chair or immediate supervisor.
Submit the materials above as one PDF via the online submission form linked below. Materials will be reviewed by a representative selection committee.
The application deadline is 5 pm on Friday, April 8, 2022.
Click here to submit your application and materials (requires applicant to authenticate/login with VCU credentials)