Office of the Provost Faculty Fellows Program
The Office of the Provost invites faculty to apply to serve in a part-time, administrative role in faculty affairs. Selected Faculty Fellows will work directly with senior leaders in developing and implementing key programmatic initiatives to support VCU’s faculty.
Opportunities are available to lead and/or coordinate programmatic initiatives in content areas such as faculty development, peer mentoring, leadership development, recruitment, retention, teaching and learning, and other special projects in the Office of the Provost. In addition, the Faculty Fellows Program will provide selected faculty with opportunities to:
- Engage and work with faculty in varying disciplines, including cross-campus collaborations
- Gain valuable knowledge and experience in higher education administration
- Develop expertise in the practices and procedures related to the academic life cycle of our faculty
- Develop administrative skills in leading and/or coordinating programmatic initiatives
- Develop expertise in a content area(s) of faculty affairs
- Contribute to the decision-making in support of faculty program offerings and initiatives
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on September 9, 2019.
How to apply
Learn more about the application requirements and apply below:
How long is the Fellowship?
Selected faculty will be expected to serve for either a twelve-month or a nine-month period, as applicable to the assignment(s), with the possibility of renewal for a second year.
How many hours are expected per week?
The selected faculty fellow’s duties will be divided between the faculty member’s academic home department and the Office of the Provost where the faculty member will be expected to contribute approximately 8-10 hours per week in their Fellowship role.
What is the Fellowship compensation?
The Office of the Provost will either provide a $5,000 supplement directly to the Faculty Fellow or provide the Faculty Fellow’s academic home department with the same amount for the Faculty Fellow’s use, such as for professional development, travel, research funds, etc.
The Office of the Provost will reimburse the Unit/Department with the amount of one course release up to a total of $5,000. Summer salary for the Faculty Fellow may also be available, as applicable to the Fellowship role.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest highlighting any administrative experience, research interests and other qualifications for the Fellowship;
- A current curriculum vita, and;
- The names of two references, one of which must be the applicant's department chair or immediate supervisor.
Submit the materials above as one PDF via the online submission form linked below by 5pm on September 9, 2019.
The selected applicant(s) will be notified soon after the deadline with the fellowship to begin on or about September 16, 2019.
Click here to submit your application and materials (requires VCU eID and password)