Eleven advisors recognized with 2018 UAAB awards
Eleven VCU faculty and staff members have been selected as University Academic Advising Board award winners for 2018.
Awarded yearly, the UAAB awards recognize individuals who have demonstrated excellence in advising, innovation and administration. The awards are presented in five distinct categories — Primary Role, Faculty Mentor, New Advisor, Advising Administrator, and Service to Advising — with certificates of merit also handed out for the same categories.
2018 UAAB award winners
- Excellence in Advising - Primary Role: Nicolette Zbell, University Academic Advising
- Excellence in Advising - Faculty Mentor: Chernoh Wurie, Wilder School
- Excellence in Advising - New Advisor: Betsy Seymour, University Academic Advising
- Excellence in Advising - Advising Administrator: Katherine Drumm, University Academic Advising
- Excellence in Advising - Service to Advising: Amber Hill, Global Education Office
- Certificate of Merit - Primary Role: Lauren Jackson, University Academic Advising
- Certificate of Merit - Faculty Mentor: Suzanne Ameringer, School of Nursing
- Certificate of Merit - Faculty Mentor: Judith Topich, Department of Focused Inquiry
- Certificate of Merit - New Advisor: Samantha Rogers, Department of Biology
- Certificate of Merit - Advising Administrator: John Hendershot, School of the Arts
- Certificate of Merit - Service to Advising: Annia Dowell-Wiltshire, Global Education Office