VCU announces new Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success
VCU has formed a new Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success, the university announced on Aug. 3. The new division wil be led by Tomikia LeGrande, Ed.D., who will take on the new role of vice president for strategy, enrollment management, and student success.
In her new position, LeGrande will lead strategic priorities for the president and provost, in addition to a reorganized, cohesive division focused on enrollment management and student success. She will also serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet and Provost’s Executive Leadership team.
The new division includes:
- Student Success, which is led by Dr. Maggie Tolan, senior associate vice president for student success, and includes: University Academic Advising, VCU Career Services, Campus Learning Center, Writing Center, Student Athlete Support Services, Transfer Center and Student Success Initiatives & Technology
- Strategic Enrollment Management, which is led by Dr. Sybil Halloran, senior associate vice president, and includes: Admissions Recruitment, Admissions Operations, SEM Communications, Enrollment Management Research and Evaluation, Records and Registration
- Summer Sessions & Special Programs, which is led by Dr. Daphne Rankin, associate vice president, and includes: You First@VCU, first generation student program, Military Student Services, TRIO Student Support Services, and the newly-formed Adult/Nontraditional Student Services
- Adult/Nontraditional Student Services, which is led by Dr. Stephanie Odera. This new office stems from Graduate RVA, a successful, grant-funded program that originated in the VCU Center for Community Engagement and Impact. Dr. Odera served as partnership associate director of Graduate RVA and will now expand her work into a university wide initiative.
- Student Financial Services, which is led by Norm Bedford, associate vice president, and includes: Student Financial Management Center, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Accounting
- SEMSS Finance, which is led by Melanie Goodman, executive director of finance and administration
- SEMSS Human Resources, which is led by Elizabeth Gilbert, director of human resources
- Project Management and Strategic Initiatives, for which the associate vice president position is currently vacant
The new division and organization structure will go into effect immediately.