VCU strives to recognize faculty excellence and facilitate the award process in an effort to highlight the dedication and perseverance of our diverse faculty members.
- Previous award winners
- Early-career awards
- Internal awards
- Mid-to-late career awards
- State awards
- Virginia Outstanding Scientist Award
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia Outstanding Faculty Award
Please take a moment to browse the listed awards to find one that could be a good match for a VCU faculty member. To apply or nominate someone, please follow the link to the award website.
The following awards are used as one component in the ranking of universities through the Center for Measuring University Performance (“Lombardi system” - CMUP).
- ACLS Fellowship Program
- Burroughs Welcome Fund Career Awards
- Cottrell Scholars
- Fulbright American Scholars
- Getty Scholars in Residence
- Guggenheim Fellows
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators
- Lasker Medical Research Awards
- MacArthur Foundation Fellows
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Fellows
- National Humanities Center Fellows
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Merit (R37)
- National Medal of Science and National Medal of Technology
- NSF CAREER Awards
- Newberry Library Long-term Fellows
- Pew Scholars in Biomedicine
- Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- Robert Wood Johnson Policy Fellows
- Searle Scholars
- Sloan Research Fellows
- Woodrow Wilson Fellows
The following awards are used as one component in the ranking of universities through the Association of American Universities (AAU).