Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Virginia Commonwealth University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award certificate, baccalaureate, master and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Virginia Commonwealth University.
Recent accreditation history
- Monitoring Report for CS 126.96.36.199 - No Further Action Required (1/19/16)
- QEP Executive Summary (2/13/15)
- SACSCOC Tenth Year Reaffirmation Letter (1/13/15)
- SACSCOC Fifth Year Reaffirmation Letter (7/8/11)
- SACSCOC - Off Campus Sites - Final Approval (7/10/10)
- SACSCOC Report of the Substantive Change Committee Examining Off-Campus Sites as Part of the Fifth Year Interim Report (4/28/10)
- SACSCOC Accreditation Reaffirmation Letter (1/6/05)
Substantive Change Policy (Commission and Institutional Responsibilities, Procedures, and Reporting Timelines)
For more information, please see the VCU SACS website.
For academic units that have or are planning an academic degree program or programs where 25-49 percent of the course work required is being taught either via technology-based instruction (including online) or at a new off campus site, the program coordinator (or chair or dean) must notify the Vice Provost prior to implementation of such delivery. This pertains to all programs approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (certificate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degrees). The Office of the Provost then works with the unit to prepare the appropriate notification for SACSCOC.